How to subscribe to Scoop!
Full access to the database is only available on a subscription basis. Charges are as follows:
- Day Pass *: £5
- Individual * annual subscription: £60
- Institutional multi-user single site * annual subscription (IMUS): £120
- Institutional multi-user multi-site * annual subscription (IMUMS): £180
Please be aware that records will vary according to the information currently available. While records are constantly being enhanced as new information becomes available, the editor accepts no responsibility for any disappointment which may arise as a result of the inevitable variation of information on each individual journalist.
* Definitions of subscriptions
For the purpose of these charges, subscribers are defined as follows:
- A Day Pass provides access to the database for personal research purposes only for a period of 24 hours. It is ideal for those who wish to retrieve a single entry from the database, or to provide a "taster" of what is available in the database.
- An Individual subscriber is a person who has access to the database as a single entity for personal research purposes only.
- An Institutional Multi-User Single Site subscriber (IMUSS) constitutes a separately identifiable information centre or department where access to the database is available to more than one user within the same information centre or department in a single building. Should the same information centre or department extend across more then one building then this will necessitate a Institutional Multi-User Multi-Site arrangement and the subscription will be defined as such.
- An Institutional Multi-User Multi-Site subscriber (IMUMS) is a separately identifiable information centre or department where access to the database is available to more than one user in various information centres or departments either within the same building or across a number of buildings within the same organisation. Also a single identifiable information centre or department that extends across more than one building will be defined as an Institutional Multi-User Multi-Site subscriber.
Ways to explore Scoop!
Browse listings of journalists by surname, pseudonym or reporting of conflicts and wars.
Search the database on surname, keywords or category (e.g. art critic, illustrator or woman).
The timeline displays all journalists involved in conflicts and wars over a period of 150 years.